Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #9 - Lost and Found

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
It is easiest for me to "Google", I use Google so much that I have grown very comfortable with that type of search.

Which Search tool was the easiest for you?
I really liked Google and Topix. They seemed very user friendly, simply formatted, and clear.

Which was more confusing?
Syndic8 was by far the most confusing to me. I believe that it was simply a layout problem. The information was good but the layout did not flow very well for me.

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?
Best librarian / library blog
A Library By Any Other Name, Vaughn Branom (Blogger)
This is the most exciting find during this lesson!!! Way to go Vaughn!!!

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?
The Heart of a Teacher is a blog by my mentor and Mother. She is a retired teacher and one of the most inspirational people that I know. I have learned so much from her about being an educator that I wanted her to share her wisdom. She is very new to blogging, but I look forward to being moved by her experience, stories, and advice. Thank you!!!!!

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

And if you haven't already looked at her blog, you must...it is incredible and a real source of pride for all the librarians of SBISD.

Thanks for sharing your mother's blog, you can really tell that she loves teaching!

VWB said...

Gee, i wonder wher she got the idea to start? :-)
I will keep an eye on it cuz I want to learn all the lessons she has taught you!